Ah, the
best days. The best days are the days
when babies come. July 24th
was one of those days. My beautiful
niece, Annabelle Elizabeth Ingram, graced us with her presence.
Fortunately,
she decided to make her appearance when I had several days off work. I woke up at 9:00 am Monday morning and had a
regular day with the family. Just as I
was getting ready for bed, Jonathan called me to say that Lisa was in
labor. He wanted me to be on standby to
come to the hospital with my mother-in-law who doesn’t drive at night. I took a shower and got dressed. I didn’t rest at all. I was too excited. FINALLY at 3:00 am he texted us to head that
way. When we got there, contractions
were regular and getting stronger. Lisa
labored all morning and into the afternoon.
She got an epidural around 5:00 pm and kept right on going. By midnight, we had all been awake for 40
hours straight and we were exhausted, so we came home to get some sleep. At 4:30 am, the beautiful baby made her way
into the world. Mother and baby are
healthy and beautiful. And I must add
that Jonathan is the world’s best labor coach.
He should teach classes.
That
evening, the whole family went to the hospital to meet her. She is precious. The Ingram babies are now in balance with 4
boys and 4 girls. All the kids are so
excited to have a new cousin. Jonathan
and Lisa are going to be fantastic parents, and I am so very excited to be an
aunt again!



Precious!!! I am so happy for the new parents and what a luck little girl to be born into such a wonderful family. :)
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm just now catching up on the blog. Thanks for posting this. Yes, the best days are when they are actually BORN and not just giving their mama lots of pain :)
ReplyDelete