This post was written on Thursday, June 18
I have just enjoyed 7 nights off work, and if I could have crammed
more activity into my time off, I'd like to know how! It was all
wonderful though. I made time to relax, too. I try to work overtime
during the fall and spring when Matt and the kids are busy with school stuff.
I take it easy in December and when the kids are out of school for the
summer. Three nights a week. Easy Peasy. I am required to
work one full weekend a month, so it works out that I work the first three days
of one week and push my three days of the next week to the end, and I get seven
days off without having to take any earned time.
The week before last, Matt took his annual trip to his game convention in Ohio.
He left on Wednesday and came home on Sunday. Luke went to Boy
Scout camp, and he left on Sunday. I managed to get him packed and ready
by myself. I was pretty nervous about that because Matt usually does all
the Boy Scout stuff. I hardly know the leaders and where the meeting
place is. It might not seem like a big deal to most people, but I was really
proud of Luke for volunteering to take his own money to spend at the canteen.
He never even considered asking me for spending money. I thought about
him a lot during the week, especially every time it rained. I hate to
think of my baby being stuck in the rain, even when it's not cold outside.
Luke is the pesterer of the family, so it was mighty quiet around here
while he was gone.
On Friday night, we traveled to Camp Sydney Dew in Adairsville to collect him.
It was so sweet to see all the other kids run up and hug him after a week
without him! We had a pizza party at the campsite and then attended the
closing ceremony. We were there until 10:00 or 10:30. Matt and I
both brought home some chiggers for souvenirs. Luke took classes in
camping and archery. He seems to have had a wonderful time.
Saturday was a day of cleaning up in the house and yard. That afternoon,
Bonnie and I attended a baby shower for a coworker of mine at the Mellow
Mushroom. It was Star Wars themed, complete with an R2D2 diaper arrangement
and a baby Chewbacca cake. Lots of fun was had.
On Sunday, we went to the early mass, and Bonnie's boyfriend came home with us.
It was the first time that has happened. He got to experience an
Ingram family dinner and explore Lake Creek. After dinner, we went
swimming at my parents' house. We had invited several family members and
friends over as well. Hopefully he wasn't too overwhelmed. If he
was, he didn't show it. Matt took him back to meet his parents at the
church at 9:00 that night.
I had an echocardiogram on Monday, and I spent a little time at the Goodwill.
Will and Rosemary are attending drama camp this week. I picked them
up at 4:00 and after we got home, we spent a lot of the evening practicing
lines for the play they are performing on Friday afternoon. They are
having a blast.
Tuesday and Wednesday were one big, fat case of the Sunday night blues.
It is not so bad when I only have a few days off, but when I am off for
seven days, I can ruin my last two days off dreading going back to work!
I managed to finish staining the deck (which is a project I started late
last summer), planted a rosebush, and spent Wednesday afternoon in the pool.
Matt and I went for a nice, long walk on Wednesday evening. We've
got some "parenty" stuff going on.
In other news, we have had some huge expenditures lately. We had to have
our upstairs heat pump replaced a couple of weeks ago, and last week we had an
$1,100 repair bill for the van. It is nice to only work 3 days a week,
but I really feel the crunch at payday.
In even more other news, we have a new driver in the family! Bonnie got
her learner's permit on June 2nd, and she has been driving all over ever since.
She is doing very well. She also got a new kitten for an early birthday present. She named him Ashby. I can't remember if I mentioned it before,
but Rosemary had her First Holy Communion on May 11th, and then she turned 8 on
May 14th. Matt turned 42 on May 29th. Mays are always full on
celebrations in our family. The kids all finished up with school the
second week in May, so there's that, too. They all made all A's this
year, and they all excelled in their standardized tests as well. I'm a
proud mommy.
 |
| Luke is down in that crowd somewhere getting a new badge for his uniform |
 |
| My sweet coworker, Melissa, with her R2D2 diaper guy |
 |
| The ICU night shift gang |
 |
| The kids at home also loved the wookie cake | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| Hopefully Cristine doesn't mind the peep of side boob. I hear it's quite fashionable. |
 |
| Will and Rosemary on their first day of drama camp |
|
|
 |
| Bonnie with her boyfriend, Daniel |
No comments:
Post a Comment