My last update was in June, and for once I have to say that we have
not had much going on since then. There
have been lots of doctors and dentists appointments, getting vehicles worked
on, and sprucing up around the house, but nothing substantial. I have not worked much overtime. We’ve just been living. I have tried to stay off the internet and
enjoy life in the moment.
The outcome of all the medical stuff is that Will is getting braces
on Monday. He currently has spacers
in. Bonnie has an appointment to have
her wisdom teeth out during Thanksgiving break.
All the kids started back to school on Monday, August 10th. They
are doing Georgia Cyber Academy again this year. Bonnie is in 10th grade; Will is
in 7th grade; Luke is in 6th grade; and Rosemary is in 3rd
grade. Three weeks down, and they are
trucking along.
I have made the decision to go back to school. I have applied to the Family Nurse
Practitioner program at Georgia State University. I took the MAT in June, and I completed my
application in late July. It is a fairly
involved process…. letters of recommendation, goal statement, APA writing
sample. Any time I wasn’t working on it,
I felt like I should have been, so it was a great relief to get it done. If I get in and everything goes as planned, I
will have an MSN and be a FNP-C when Bonnie starts college.
Three days after Caidleigh died, we left for our annual family
vacation with my parents. We went to
Saint George Island, Florida. As always,
great fun was had by all. One thing that
made it different from past vacations is that Matt’s first cousins were there
at the same time, and we love hanging out with them. They always go in the late Summer, but it is
always the week before or after us.
Without even planning, we went the same week this year, and our houses
were less than a mile apart. Matt and
Carey fished together, they all came over for games one night, and Matt and I
had a double date on date night this year.
We actually had fun! We went to a
microbrewery bar, out to eat on the waterfront in Apalachicola, and then hung out
by their pool drinking until the wee hours of the morning.
Our big dog, Sailor, has been mopey since Caidleigh died. We have tried to go out to play with him more
often, but when we’re not out there he just lays on the porch with his head on
his paws. I haven’t seen his tail wag at
all. Our hearts weren’t ready for
another dog, but I felt like Sailor needed company, so yesterday we got a
puppy. Luke and Rosemary went with me to
get her. She is half Collie and half Australian
Cattle Dog. We named her Ginger. I think that she and Sailor will get along
just fine. He was happy to see her. She had a whiny first night, but hopefully it
will get better.
Ashby is well. He gave us
fleas. He stayed with some friends while
we went on vacation, and we bombed the house the morning we left. When we got back, the fleas were worse than
ever. [Note to self: Spectracide bombs don’t work.] We bombed again the next day with Raid. It was a logistical nightmare to come home
from vacation and immediately have to vacate again, but the second time
worked. Fleas have been few and far between since, and
all animals are properly treated. Good
thing, too, because by no fault of his own, Ashby was close to joining Tim in
the great outdoors!
Some photos of our happenings:
 |
| Granny Ponder celebrated her 89th birthday | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|
 |
| Bonnie drove us through the Apalachicola National Forest and over the bridge to the island. |
 |
| Pit was the favorite game of the trip |
 |
| We had a shuffleboard court on our carport. |
 |
| Add caption |
 |
| We looked like drowned rats when we got to the Blue Parrot, but this rainbow was beautiful! |
 |
| Bonnie - 15 years old |
 |
| Will - 12 years old |
 |
| Luke - 11 years old |
 |
| Rosemary - 8 years old |
 |
| Welcome home, Ginger! |
No comments:
Post a Comment